Can dogs eat walnuts ?
Walnuts can make your dog very ill. If your dog has eaten walnuts, symptoms such as paralysis of the legs, lethargy, a drunken feeling, vomiting and a high body temperature may occur. Often a dog will fully recover after 3 days.
It is therefore important that you, as a dog owner, know about the dangers of some food and plants. What is normal for a person to eat can be very toxic to a dog (eg chocolate, sweetener, nuts, onion, garlic etc.). Plants in the home and around the house can also be dangerous. Puppyplaats has put a large number of toxic substances on a list to make owners aware of the dangers. Especially young dogs are at greater risk than adult dogs, because puppies are much more susceptible to toxic substances than large adult dogs.